Village of Providence
Boasting “big city life and small town living,” the Village of Providence is a quaint and charming, idyllic area right off Highway 72 in northwest Huntsville. The meticulously designed community has been nationally recognized for its commitment to creating a people- and pedestrian-oriented place for residents to enjoy. Of course, the Village of Providence welcomes visitors as well, which is clear from the neighborhood’s dining, shopping and lodging options.
Where to Stay in the Village
A short drive from Cummings Research Park, Huntsville International Airport and Redstone Arsenal, the Village of Providence makes for a serene alternative when considering where to stay in Huntsville.
The Homewood Suites by Hilton offers 107 extended-stay rooms with fully-equipped kitchens and complimentary Wi-Fi. Nestled right in between the apartments and houses of the Village of Providence, Marriott’s SpringHill Suites will make you want to spread out and stay a while with suites designed to be 25 percent larger than the average hotel room. Both of these hotels are just a few steps away from all the convenience and charm that the Village of Providence has to offer.
A Short Walk to a Big Meal (or a Quick Drink)
You won’t find any fast food or dive bars in the Village of Providence. Only the best eateries find their way into this neighborhood, but don’t think that exclusivity limits your options.
- The latest concept from chef James Boyce - fine dining at Grille on Main
- For something more festive, enjoy Charrito’s Mexican Grill for mouth-watering, south-of-the-border cuisine.
- Mellow Mushroom is a favorite spot for its gourmet pizzas, salads and wide beer selection.
- Locals love Phuket, one of Huntsville’s top Thai restaurants.
- For some down-home cooking that will leave you more than satiated, check out Moe’s Original Bar-B-Que.
- Start the day with delectable pastries from Edgar's Bakery & Cafe
- Voted the Best Sports Bar in Huntsville, The Brick House Sports Cafe is the perfect place to kick back and enjoy the game on one of 25 HD TVs along with some great food and cold drinks.
- Speaking of drinks, Pinot’s Palette offers one of the most fun and talked-about activities in town: sipping wine while learning how to paint. No experience required! Enjoy a refreshing margarita on Taco Mama's patio. Or choose from the vast selection of local, regional and national craft beer at The Casual Pint. For those who prefer a glass of vino, Uncorked Wine Shop & Tasting Room provides a perfect setting.
The Village of Providence Provides
In addition to numerous professional and technology support services companies, the Village of Providence offers visitors and residents a variety of useful and fun retail options.
- At Madison Drugs, you’ll find an old-fashioned neighborhood apothecary shop with anything you may need, including information and insight.
- Pick up any essentials you may have forgotten at CVS Pharmacy.
- Get a new look or just a trim at either Rooster’s Men’s Grooming or Platinum Salon.
There’s nothing else in town like the Village of Providence, and after spending just a little time here, you’ll see why!
Districts & Neighborhoods
- U.S. Space & Rocket Center
- Space Camp®
- Rocket City Kids Pass
About the CVB